... the bus
For easy boarding and alighting the curbs have already been raised at many bus stops, in addition access without steps and sufficient room to turn at the bus stops have been provided for wheelchair users. These measures have been extended by using low-level entry buses which use built–in tilting mechanisms and ramps to make it possible to board and alight with practically no step.
üstra uses low-level entry buses with ramps for many bus journeys. The best place for you to wait for a bus with a ramp is near to the bus stop sign about 30 cm (1 foot) away from the curb. You can be easily seen there. Of course you can also use the bus shelter and if everyone pays attention then the bus will not go without you. Please give a hand signal when your bus pulls in at the bus stop. Then the bus driver will know that you wish to get on the bus. Call for the ramp by pressing the wheelchair pictogram button next to the second door of the bus.
How the ramp works:
- The ramp can only be extended when the door is closed.
- Take care to keep your distance!
- The ramp extends for one metre.
- If the ramp strikes an obstacle it will pull in again completely and start again.
- The ramp will bear a maximum weight of 300 kg.
Due to operating problems in exceptional circumstances changes in the availability of the ramp buses may occur. We always make every endeavour to solve such problems immediately.
For several years now the RegioBus company has only purchased easy access low-level entry buses with ramps. Nevertheless not all journeys can be covered exclusively by easy access buses yet. In order to ensure that a low-level entry bus will be available for the journey you require please phone the respective RegioBus depot. This phone call should be made at least 24 hours before the start of your required journey. It is important to indicate that you are using an electrical wheelchair.
RegioBus depots can be contacted on the telephone numbers below:
- Burgdorf depot (05136) 8088 - 0 for the RegioBus routes in the Burgdorf, Lehrte, Uetze area
- Mellendorf depot (05130) 9290 - 0 for the RegioBus routes in the Burgwedel, Isernhagen, Langenhagen areaand Wedemark
- Neustadt depot (05032) 809 - 27 for the RegioBus routes in the Garbsen, Neustadt area
- Wunstorf depot (05031) 1755 for the RegioBus routes in the Seelze, Wunstorf area
- Eldagsen depot (05044) 9545 - 0 for the RegioBus routes in the Barsinghausen, Gehrden, Hemmingen,Pattensen, Ronnenberg, Springe, Wennigsen area
Information displayed on the timetable Information on the availability of low-level entry buses (ramp) and trams suitable for handicapped people can be obtained under the menu option: timetables – departure from stops – timetable display. There you can type in any stop in the GVH area and information will be given in the footnotes when low-level entry buses or trams suitable for the handicapped run.