Mobile at any time
Night Star Transport (Nachtsternverkehr)
Whether you go out partying until the morning, stay with your friends longer or need to work right into the night - with the GVH Night Star Transport (Nachtsternverkehr) you are still mobile at the weekends: At nights from Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday the trams run on many lines radially to the underground station Kröpcke. There you have a few minutes time if you want to change. Afterwards the trams run every 30 minutes to the last stop of the particular line.
- The lines 1, 4, 7 and 10 run from Kröpcke each at "quarter to", what means at 01:45, 02:45 and 03:45 a.m.
- In the night from Saturday to Sunday the trams run additionally at 04:45 a.m.
- The departure of the lines 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9 is at "quarter past": approx. 01:15, 02:15, 03:15 and 04:15 a.m.
Suburban railways of the DB
The suburban railways of the Deutsche Bahn run at nights from Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday from Hanover Central Station between 01.00 am and 04.00 am every hour:
- S2 to Nienburg (01:10, 02:07, 03:14, 04:07 a.m.)
- S4 to Bennemühlen and Hildesheim (01:00, 02:00, 03:00 and 04:00 a.m.)
- S5 to Hameln (01:05, 02:05, 03:05, 04:05 a.m.)
- S7 to Celle (01:01, 02:01, 03:01 and 04:01 a.m.)
ÜSTRA city buses
Many ÜSTRA city buses run at night until 00:30 a.m., some at the weekend nights even until 04:00 a.m. in the morning. After 08:00 p.m. you may as well leave the bus between two stations - provided the traffic is calm. Please inform the driver in time where you would like to leave.
regiobus Night Buses
The night buses complement the night star transport of ÜSTRA and the Deutsche Bahn: At weekend nights the vehicles which are marked with a "N" are waiting between 01:00 and 04:00 a.m. in the morning at the last stations of the trams and at some suburban railway stations. If you name the station next to your destination when entering, you can as well leave between two stations. You can find more detailed information on the regiobus night liners here (available in German language only).