GVH School Card
For free to school and back
Many pupils in Hanover and the Hanover region obtain a GVH School Card (GVH SchulCard) and get within the GVH tariff area for free to school. The GVH School Card is of course as well valid for the return journey.
You get the GVH School Card:
- if your way to school is longer than two kilometres
- if you are not in the 11th grade yet und have not completed the lower secondary level yet
That is what you need for a GVH School Card:
- a passport photo for the customer card (only when applying for a new one)
- a customer card. You get it in the school secretariat.
- a current token. You get it in the school secretariat as well - for each school year you need a new one.
You can extent the GVH School Card:
- If you are between 6 and 14 years old, all you need is a GVH Single Ticket for children aged 6 to 14 (GVH KinderEinzelTicket). In this way, you can use all means of transport within the entire GVH tariff area. With a GVH Day Ticket for children aged 6 to 14 (GVH KinderTagesTicket) you can even travel the whole day long, as often as you like.
- Young persons from the age of 15 can travel with an additional GVH Single Ticket (GVH EinzelTicket) for one zone within the entire GVH tariff area.
- If you only want to travel three tram stations or five bus stations further, a GVH Short Trip Ticket (GVH KurzStreckenTicket) is enough.
- With an additional GVH U 21 Card (GVH U21-Card) or GVH U 21 annual Card (GVH U21-JahresCard) you are mobile within the entire du GVH tariff area all day long.
- GVH School Cards (GVH SchulCards) with a token for the school year 2018/2019 (09.08.2018 to 03.07.2019) in combination with a valid GVH U 21 Card (GVH U21-Card) (month or year), will be accepted as a ticket without blocking periods and age limits throughout the tariff area during the summer holidays 2019. This also applies to GVH SchulCards, for the school year 2019/2020.
- In the summer holidays you can purchase the School Children Holiday Ticket (SchülerFerienTicket) as well. With this you are mobile throughout Lower Saxony and Bremen.
- The additional GVH Weekly Card Education (GVH WochenCard Ausbildung) for one zone entitles you to use a whole week long all buses and trams within the entire GVH tariff area.
Good to know:
- The GVH School Card (GVH SchulCard) must be filled out and signed. The validity and the zones need to be entered.
- With every change or damage you need to give back the card to the school (place of issue). If you change school, you get a new customer card from the new school.
- If you forget to take your GVH School Card (GVH SchulCard), you need to buy a regular ticket and validate it.
- If you have lost your GVH School Card (GVH SchulCard) or it was stolen, you should report the loss immediately at school. There you get a new one after ten days at a cost of 25,00 €.
The GVH School Card is valid:
- for the entered zones
- from the 1. day of the new school year until the first days of the following
- seven days a week, day and night
- during the holidays (except summer holidays - except: GVH School Cards (GVH SchulCards) with a token for the school year 2017/2018 (03.08.2017 to 27.06.2018) in combination with a valid GVH U 21 Card (GVH U21-Card) (month or year), will be accepted as a ticket without blocking periods and age limits throughout the tariff area during the summer holidays 2018 (28.06.-08.08.2018). This also applies to GVH SchulCards, for the school year 2018/2019.)
- exclusively for the holder
- for the 2. class section
The GVHSchool Card is free!