Interconnected mobility Lower-Saxony tariff
From door to door
When you are travelling with a local train in Lower Saxony, ensure your connection even prior to departure: Within the Lower Saxony tariff (Niedersachsentarif) tickets for local public transport supplement the train ticket. In this way you e.g. don’t only get a train ticket from Oldenburg to Hannover but at the same time a ticket for the buses and trams within the GVH tariff area in order to e.g. travel from the main station Hannover to your front door. The currently optionally existing „interconnected mobility“ will now be expanded considerably as from 9. December 2018.
The Lower Saxony tariff (Niedersachsentarif) ensures the interconnected mobility: passengers can purchase a continuous ticket for trains, buses and trams. In case of single or return tickets as well as group tickets within the Lower Saxony tariff (Niedersachsentarif), the use of buses and trams within the GVH for a journey at the starting point and destination is automatically included without any extra charge. This applies for the GVH ticket zone, in which the starting station or destination on the train ticket is located – this means in the ticket zone “Hanover”, “Umland” or “Region”. The extended possibilities for using are indicated by the note "und örtl. Nahverkehr" on the ticket.
Commuters being holder of monthly cards or annual subscriptions of the Lower Saxony tariff (Niedersachsentarif) can purchase a 50 % discounted „interconnection ticket“ for the same period of validity for the GVH ticket zone, in which the starting station or destination is located.
Detailed information can be found here: www.niedersachsentarif.de.
The Lower Saxony tariff (Niedersachsentarif) is valid:
- for local trains of the railway companies in Lower Saxony
- for train journeys in Lower Saxony and connections by buses and trams in many cities in Lower Saxony, Bremen and Hamburg
- in combination with the Lower Saxony ticket (Niedersachsen-Ticket) as well as with other train tickets for both short-distance and long-distance traffic
The interconnected mobility within the Lower Saxony tariff (Niedersachsentarif) is valid:
- for journeys in buses and trams within the GVH ticket zone of the starting station or destination– also within the ticket zone “Hanover”, “Umland” or “Region”
- for one single journey to the starting station or from the station to the destination
- for holders of an „interconnection ticket“ for as many trips as wanted with all buses and trams within the ticket zone of the starting station or destination within the GVH
The ticket is already included in the train ticket fare.
For details, see www.niedersachsentarif.de