Lower Saxony Ticket (Niedersachsen-Ticket)
Travelling across the country
From Goslar to Cuxhaven, from Wolfsburg to Osnabrück or from Hanover to Hamburg: with the Lower Saxony Ticket (Niedersachsen-Ticket) you can visit Lower Saxony as well as Bremen and Hamburg. Of course it is as well valid within the GVH tariff area. An the best: If you travel in a group of up to five persons, it will be even cheaper for everyone.
Where can you get the Lower Saxony Ticket (Niedersachsen-Ticket)?
- at the vending machines of the ÜSTRA, the DB Regio and the metronom
- in the DB travel centre (DB-Reisezentrum) for an extra charge of 2 €
- online at www.niedersachsentarif.de, www.metronom.de and www.bahn.de
What else you should know:
- If you are travelling in a group, all travelling persons have to note the name before departure legible on the ticket. All travelling persons of the Lower Saxony Ticket have to identify themselves by presenting a passport or identity card.
The Lower Saxony Ticket (Niedersachsen-Ticket) is valid:
- within the entire GVH tariff area
- for all local trains in Lower Saxony
- for the 2. class compartments
- for journeys with buses and trams of the transport and tariff associations in Lower Saxony, Hamburg and Bremen
- from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. of the following day as well as at the weekends and public holidays all day long
- for an arbitrary number of own children or grandchildren aged between 6 and 14 years, in case the parents or grandparents have a Lower Saxony Ticket (Niedersachsen-Ticket) for one, or at most two persons
- for one dog instead of a person
The Lower Saxony Ticket (Niedersachsen-Ticket) is not valid:
- in trains of the long-distance traffic (IC, EC and ICE)
- for the 1. class
Detailed information on the prices for the Lower Saxony Ticket (Niedersachsen-Tickets) can be found here (available in German language only).