- For three zones (ABC)
With the Apprenticeship pass you can travel favourably within the GVH zones ABC using the 2. class. For using the Apprenticeship pass, you must be pupil, you must serve an apprenticeship or carrying out a gap year taken to do voluntary work in the social sector or federal volunteer service. The pass is age-independent and costs 35,30 euros per month. It is for everybody aged 23 and over, who cannot use the Youth pass anymore. Furthermore, a free and valid customer card is required. The Apprenticeship pass is also available as subscription. The Apprenticeship pass can be purchased from 01.01.2023.
Price overview with price levels
- Price levels
- Valid for as many journeys as wanted with buses and trams within the GVH tariff area
- For one month, from the date entered from midnight until 05:00 of the same day in the following month (example: from 17 May to 17 June, 05:00 am)
- Applies only to holders, not transferable
- Free, valid customer card is always required
- Persons, visiting courses of acquiring later general secondary school or intermediate secondary school leaving qualifications at an adult education centre or another institution of vocational training
- For apprentices
- For participants of officially recognised pre-vocational trainings
- For trainees and interns, if the placement / community service is part of the education
- For civil service trainees (in the lower and middle grade of the civil service)
- Participants of a gap year usually taken to do voluntary work in the social sector or gap year taken to do voluntary work in the environmental sector or comparable social service (e.g. FKJ / FWJ / BFD)
- Traveller class
- for the 2nd class
PDF Download Apprenticeship pass
The pass is available:
At the vending machines of ÜSTRA
In the buses of regiobus
At the vending machines of the railroad companies metronom, enno, WestfalenBahn, erixx, DB, start und Transdev
In the DB Travel Centres
Summary of tariff zones:
The zones A, B and C cover the entire tariff area for all passengers – regardless of whether they use Single tickets, Day tickets or Monthly passes.
- Zone Acovers the city area
- Zone Bcovers adjacent towns and municipalitiesCities Isernhagen, Garbsen, Seelze, Ronnenberg, Hemmingen
- Zone Ccovers more remote rural areas of the Hannover regionCities Leehrte, Uetze, Großburgwedel, Mellendorf
Each tariff zone has its own colour, which is used always in connection with the corresponding zone designation.
- For the Apprenticeship pass you need a passport photo for the customer card. It is available in the GVH customer centre or the GVH service points. Furthermore, you need a proof of authority, which must be filled out by the school secretariat of the employer.
- The proof of authority is available in the GVH customer centre, in the GVH service points and for download on this page.
- The Apprenticeship pass is valid only for the zones ABC. If you also use the regional tariff zones D, E and/or F it may be more efficient to combine the Apprenticeship pass with the Monthly pass education Regional tariff.