- For one (A, B or C), two (AB or BC) or three zones (ABC)
Monthly pass education subscription
If you subscribe to a Monthly pass education subscription, you can reach your training place and vocational school twelve months long by bus, tram or train. In doing so you save a lot of money: the Monthly pass education subscription is significantly less expensive than twelve regular Monthly passes education. Apprentices up to and including 22 years of age can also use the Youth Pass. It costs only 15 euros per month and is valid in all three tariff zones (A, B and C) of the GVH. It can therefore be an inexpensive alternative to a subscription.
Price overview with price levels
- For as many journeys you like in the buses, trams and trains within the GVH tariff area
- From the 1st of the month on
- For at least twelve months
- For the holder only
- For apprentices
- For pupils at adult education institutions for full time acquisition of school qualifications
- For persons, who visit a state-approved vocational preparation course
- For student apprentices and improvers, if the internship / traineeship is part of the training
- For junior doctors
- For official aspirants of the lower and middle grade of the civil service
- For participants in a voluntary social or ecological year or comparable social services (FSJ / FÖJ / FWJ / BFD)
- For students not entitled to use the Semester pass GVH
- For the 2nd class
Summary of tariff zones:
The zones A, B and C cover the entire tariff area for all passengers – regardless of whether they use Single tickets, Day tickets or Monthly passes.
- Zone Acovers the city area
- Zone Bcovers adjacent towns and municipalitiesCities Isernhagen, Garbsen, Seelze, Ronnenberg, Hemmingen
- Zone Ccovers more remote rural areas of the Hannover regionCities Leehrte, Uetze, Großburgwedel, Mellendorf
Each tariff zone has its own colour, which is used always in connection with the corresponding zone designation.
- You can hand in the completed order form (which you can find as a download above) for the Monthly pass education subscription at the GVH Customer Centre or at the GVH Service and Sales Centres.
- In order to apply for a Monthly pass education subscription you need an authorisation card that must be filled out by the school secretariat or the training company
- The authorisation card is available in the GVH Customer Centre, the GVH Service and Sales Centres and as a download on this site.
You can extent the Monthly pass education subscription
- If you want to travel within more zones your pass actually allows to, you merely need a Single- or a 6 trip Single ticket for one zone (A, B or C). Here it is not important how many zones you cross. Example: your Monthly pass education subscription is valid for zone C but you want to get to the main station Hanover in zone A. Although you cross zone B and A, an extension with a Single- or a 6 trip Single ticket for one zone (A, B or C) is enough.
- If you make several journeys in other zones on one day, you can in this case buy a Day ticket or 6 trip Day ticket for one zone (A, B or C).
- For short journeys in excess of the scope of validity of your Monthly pass education subscription (three stations by tram, five stations by bus) all you need is an additional Short trip ticket
Good to know
- If you apply for a Monthly pass education subscription no later than the 10th day of each month, you can use it in the following month already
- Until then, you can purchase a Subscription start pass
- The Monthly pass education subscription is send to you directly
- If you pay the entire amount for your Monthly pass education subscription at once in advance, you will receive a further discount of 2 % on the price
- Detailed information and support you can get in our GVH Customer Centre in the Karmarschstraße 30/32, 30159 Hanover
Subscription start pass
If you apply for a new subscription, it takes a few days until your request is processed and you get the desired pass. The Subscription start pass allows subscribers to bridge the time from application to the start of the subscription period: it is currently issued in the GVH Customer Centre. The Subscription start pass is valid from midnight of the first day of validity until 05:00 a.m. of the last day of validity. The price depends on how many days must be bridged until the subscription starts. For each day only 1/30 of the future monthly subscription price will be charged.