- For one (A, B or C), two (AB or BC) or three zones (ABC)
Monthly pass education
Normally the training company is not "just around the corner". But most of the training companies and vocational schools are easy to reach by bus, tram and train. With the Monthly pass education you are mobile within the entire GVH tariff area. Apprentices up to and including 22 years of age can also use the Youth Pass. It costs only 15 euros per month and is valid in all three tariff zones (A, B and C) of the GVH. It can therefore be a cheaper alternative to a Monthly pass education.
Price overview with price levels
- For as many journeys you like in the buses, trams and trains within the GVH tariff area
- From the 1st day of validity until 05:00 a.m. at the same day of the following month (example: from 17. May to 17. June 05:00 a.m.)
- For the holder only
- For apprentices
- For pupils at adult education institutions for full time acquisition of school qualifications
- For persons, who visit a state-approved vocational preparation course
- For student apprentices and improvers, if the internship / traineeship is part of the training
- For junior doctors
- For official aspirants of the lower and middle grade of the civil service
- For participants in a voluntary social or ecological year or comparable social service (FSJ / FÖJ / FWJ / BFD)
- For students not entitled to use the Semester pass GVH
- For the 2nd class
Summary of tariff zones:
The zones A, B and C cover the entire tariff area for all passengers – regardless of whether they use Single tickets, Day tickets or Monthly passes.
- Zone Acovers the city area
- Zone Bcovers adjacent towns and municipalitiesCities Isernhagen, Garbsen, Seelze, Ronnenberg, Hemmingen
- Zone Ccovers more remote rural areas of the Hannover regionCities Leehrte, Uetze, Großburgwedel, Mellendorf
Each tariff zone has its own colour, which is used always in connection with the corresponding zone designation.
- In order to apply for a Monthly pass education you need a passport photo for the customer card, a customer card, available at the GVH Service Centre or the GVH Customer Centre and an authorisation card that must be filled out by the school secretariat or the training company.
- The authorisation card is available in the GVH Customer Centre, the GVH Service and Sales Centres and as a download on this site.
You can extent the Monthly pass education
- If you want to travel within more zones your pass actually allows to, you merely need a Single- or a 6 trip ticket for one zone (A, B or C). Here it is not important how many zones you cross. Example: your Monthly pass education is valid for zone C but you want to get to the main station Hanover in zone A. Although you cross zone B and A, an extension with a Single- or a 6 trip Single ticket for one zone (A, B or C) is enough
- If you make several journeys in other zones on one day, you can in this case buy a Day ticket or 6 trip Day ticket for one zone (A, B or C).
- For short journeys in excess of the scope of validity of your Monthly pass education (three stations by tram, five stations by bus) all you need is an additional Short trip ticket