- For three zones (ABC)
Senior pass subscription
The subscription is worth it because a Senior pass subscription costs only 25,50 euros. Your Senior pass will be sent to your home conveniently via postal services, the monthly amounts will be automatically deducted from your account. You can also pay in advance for one year and benefit from a discount of 2 %. You can get the Senior pass subscription if you have reached the age of 60, are no longer working and receive a retirement pension from a social insurance agency or a pension from a pension fund or if you are in a non-work phase of a pre-retirement part-time arrangement.
Price overview with price levels
- For as many journeys you like in the buses, trams and trains within the entire GVH tariff area
- From the 1st day of the month on
- For at least twelve months
- For persons aged 60 and over who receive an old-age pension, a pension or a full disability pension (as of 01.03.21), who are in the leisure phase of a partial retirement measure or who are in early retirement as civil servants (as of 01.03.21)
- Only for the holder
- Also for one co-travelling adult and up to three children under the age of 18 at the weekends and public holidays the whole day long and from Monday to Friday from 07:00 p.m. until 05:00 a.m. of the following day
- For the 2nd class
You can get the order form:
As download on this site
Summary of tariff zones:
The zones A, B and C cover the entire tariff area for all passengers – regardless of whether they use Single tickets, Day tickets or Monthly passes.
- Zone Acovers the city area
- Zone Bcovers adjacent towns and municipalitiesCities Isernhagen, Garbsen, Seelze, Ronnenberg, Hemmingen
- Zone Ccovers more remote rural areas of the Hannover regionCities Leehrte, Uetze, Großburgwedel, Mellendorf
Each tariff zone has its own colour, which is used always in connection with the corresponding zone designation.
- To take out a subscription, proof of eligibility must be presented that is valid for at least one year.
- You can order the Senior pass subscription at the GVH Customer Centre or via the order form above.
For the Senior pass you need:
- A passport photo for the customer card
- A customer card which, once applied for, is valid indefinitely
- Prior to the issue of a customer card, you need to demonstrate your entitlement for the use of a Senior pass by the pension approval certificate or the certificate from the pension fund. (You can black out all data that is not relevant for the proof, in particular the pension amount and its composition as well as bank details, if applicable.)
- If you are 67 or older, it is sufficient to show your pension certificate
- If you are in a non-work phase of a pre-retirement part-time arrangement, you will need proof by your employer or your employer's employer
Subscription start pass
If you apply for a new subscription, it takes a few days until your request is processed and you get the desired pass. The Subscription start pass allows subscribers to bridge the time from application to the start of the subscription period: it is currently issued in the GVH Customer Centre. The Subscription start pass is valid from midnight of the first day of validity until 05:00 a.m. of the last day of validity. The price depends on how many days must be bridged until the subscription starts. For each day only 1/30 of the future monthly subscription price will be charged.