GVH guarantee: Guaranteed on time and clean
If you travel by bus and rail within the GVH, you will arrive on time and you will find clean vehicles. That is guaranteed by the GVH transport companies. Simply complete the online guarantee form here (available in German language only) and make claim to compensation.
Here you can find some information about our guarantee conditions and the correct procedures in case of a warranty claim.
- The GVH guarantee applies to all passengers with a GVH ticket, which is used resp. validated for the corresponding journey.
- Excluded from this are GVH School passes and tickets, not issued by the GVH (BahnCard 100, City ticket and Lower Saxony ticket).
The guarantee does not apply for passengers taken with you.
- In case of a delay of more than 20 minutes at the destination.
- If the journey was cancelled and therefore a delay of more than 20 minutes at the destination occurred or was to be expected.
- If a passenger, due to a delay, could not catch a connection and therefore reached the destination with a delay of more than 20 minutes.
Decisive for the calculation are the currently effective schedule times and connections as issued in the electronic timetable at gvh.de. In case of planned and (at least twenty-four hours before) announced deviations from the standard timetable (for example in case of building measures, flood, strike) the special schedule is the basis for a claim.
From 11:00 p.m. to 05:00 a.m. or if the passenger due to delays must wait longer than one hour, in place of a compensation, costs for a taxi, up to maximum of 25,00 Euro will be reimbursed.
In case your clothes should get dirty during our transport, costs for cleaning up to a maximum of 25,00 Euro can be reimbursed – provided the cause for the dirt is within the responsibility of the transport company. The cleanness guarantee can be submitted only by post or in person.
Making use of the GVH guarantee must be done within 14 calendar days after the incident. The application should be drawn up:
- Via our online application (for punctuality guarantee only)
- By post to the GVH – Großraum-Verkehr Hannover GmbH, Karmarschstr. 30/32, 30159 Hanover
- In person at the customer centres of the transport companies (using the appropriate application)
You need to submit the following documents:
- Ticket (original or copy/scan)
- For online tickets: hardcopy or purchase confirmation mail
- Possibly the taxi receipt for the reimbursement of the taxi costs
- Possibly the cleaning receipt for the cleanness guarantee
You receive the compensation in the form of a bank transfer. If an application for guarantee is rejected, the client will receive a statement of the reasons for the rejection.
- Single ticket (Einzelkarte), you will likewise get a Single ticket.
- Day ticket for one person (Tageskarte), you will get 50 % oft the day ticket for one person perplaced.
- Monthly/annual season pass, you will get a compensation amounting to 5,00 Euro.
- It is max. 5,00 Euro per journey, max two journeys per day, max. 10 journeys per month
- The maximum compensation available for pass holders is limited to the value of the pass
Conditions for the GVH Guarantee
In the PDF below you will find the conditions for claiming the GVH guarantee (available in German language only).
GVH online guarantee form (German only)
The GVH guarantee is a voluntary benefit of the GVH for its clients. A legal obligation, to provide such a guarantee, does not exist.
In case of abuse, the GVH reserves the right to exclude passengers from the guarantee. The passenger receives an information if the examination of the announced warranty claim shows that incorrect information has been provided. In the event of repeated incorrect and irreproducible information, the customer receives notification on a GVH warranty exclusion.
Note regarding the rights of rail passengers
For rail transport special passenger rights apply. If the legal regulation is claimed already, the additional claiming on the GVH guarantee is not possible. But in many cases, the GVH guarantee is more advantageous for you.
In case of delay, train cancellation, missed connecting train causing a delay of more than 60 minutes at destination, passengers of the GVH transport companies are entitled to compensation. The following explains to what extent you will receive the reimbursement and how to claim benefits.
You receive 25 % of the price for your Single ticket.
You receive 50 % of the price for your Single ticket.
If a train is delayed one hour, you may receive a lump-sum payment of 1,50 Euro (2. class) or 2,25 Euro (1. class).
You receive compensation of maximum 25 % of the price paid. The minimum amount for compensation is 4,00 Euro.
Compensation for Semester passes is limited to a maximum amount of 4,50 Euro.
- For each delay you must fill out the passenger rights claim form, which can be downloaded at www.fahrgastrechte.info. Here you can check out which railway company is competent. Passenger rights claim forms are also available in trains and selling points of the railway companies.
- If you have a GVH pass with the term of validity of up to one month, you should collect applications and submit all together after the expiry of the validity
- If you are holder of a GVH Monthly pass subscription, you should collect the application as well. From an amount of 4,00 Euro, you can submit it all together. Delays more than 1 year ago, are not taken into consideration.
- The completed forms must be put in an envelope together with the ticket or a copy of the GVH Monthly pass subscription as well as eventually other documents. You can hand in everything in a DB travel centre or send to the following address: Servicecenter Fahrgastrechte, 60647 Frankfurt/Main.
If a delay at destination of at least 20 minutes is foreseeable, you may use a more significant train like an ICE instead of a regional express train. If you have a ticket issued for a specific train, you may in this case chose another train.
These regulations do not however apply to the following tickets:
- Lower Saxony ticket
- Discounted tickets
- Tickets for groups
- GVH Combined tickets
- GVH Conference ticket
- Air passenger ticket
- Tickets for hotel guests
- Semester passes
- Monthly- and Annual passes U21
- Summer holiday ticket
If you have a public transport ticket and want to use a more significant train, you first need to pay the additional fee by yourself and afterwards claim reimbursement.