On the road at night in the GVH
Whether you go out partying until the morning, stay with your friends longer or need to work right into the night: with the GVH Night Star Transport (Nachtsternverkehr) you are still mobile. We will bring you safely to your destination with buses and trains – even late in the evening or at night.
City rail connection from 11:00 p.m.
From Monday to Friday at night you can easily change at Kröpcke station on certain ÜSTRA city lines. Every day after 11:00 p.m. the following lines stop at Kröpcke at the same time for a few minutes:
- The lines 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9 all at minute '00 und '30
- The lines 1, 4, 7 and 11 all at minute '15 und '45
ÜSTRA city buses
Many ÜSTRA city buses run at night until 00:30 a.m., some at the weekend nights even until 04:00 a.m. in the morning. After 08:00 p.m. you may as well leave the bus between two stations – provided the traffic is calm. Please inform the driver in time where you would like to leave.
Night Star Transport on weekend nights
At nights from Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday the trams run on many lines radially to the underground station Kröpcke. There you have a few minutes time if you want to change. Afterwards the trams run every 30 minutes to the last stop of the particular line.
- The lines 1, 4, 7 and 10 run from Kröpcke each at "quarter to", what means at 01:45, 02:45 and 03:45 a.m.
- In the night from Saturday to Sunday the trams run additionally at 04:45 a.m.
- The departure of the lines 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9 is at "quarter past": approximately 01:15, 02:15, 03:15 and 04:15 a.m.
Night service of S-Bahn Hannover
The night service of S-Bahn Hannover runs in the nights from Friday to Saturday and from Saturday to Sunday as well as on holidays hourly between 01:00 a.m. and 04:00 a.m. between Hanover central station and Haste via Weetzen (S1), Bennemühlen (S4), Hildesheim (S4), Hameln (S5) and Celle (S7). Between Hanover central station and Minden (S1) it runs every two hours. The S2 to Nienburg runs also every two hours and is complemented by a two-hourly night service regional express to Bremen (RE8) on an hourly base. All S-Bahn trains are accompanied from 08:00 p.m. until end of operation by a customer advisor.
WestfalenBahn night trains
The WestfalenBahn night trains run along the Mittelland line RE60 on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays as follows:
- Train 52239 from Braunschweig central station at 02:20 a.m. with arrival at Hannover central station at 03:05 a.m.
- Train 95845 from Hannover central station at 03:14 a.m. with arrival at Braunschweig central station at 03:57 a.m.
regiobus night buses
The night buses (Nachtliner) complement the Night Star Transport of ÜSTRA, Deutsche Bahn and Transdev: At weekend nights the vehicles which are marked with a "N" are waiting between 01:00 and 04:00 a.m. in the morning at the last stations of the trams and at some suburban railway stations. If you name the station next to your destination when entering, you can as well leave between two stations. Find more detailed information on the regiobus night liners (available in German language only).