Lower Saxony Ticket also valid within the GVH
From Goslar to Cuxhaven, from Wolfsburg to Osnabrück or from Hanover to Hamburg: with the Lower Saxony ticket you can visit Lower Saxony as well as Bremen and Hamburg at an advantageous price! From 10 December 2023, the Lower Saxony ticket will also be valid all day long on working days.
The Lower Saxony ticket is also valid in the GVH fare zone. If you are travelling in a group of up to five people, it will be cheaper for each person.
You can get the Lower Saxony ticket:
- At the vending machines of ÜSTRA and some railroad companies
- Online for example at the Deutsche Bahn and niedersachsentarif.de (available in German only)
- As a mobile phone ticket in the FahrPlaner app
What else you should know:
- If you are travelling in a group, all fellow passengers must be registered by their names on the ticket. In case of a ticket inspection all fellow passengers of the Lower Saxony ticket must prove their identity by photo identification.
The Lower Saxony ticket is valid:
- Within the GVH tariff area
- For all local trains in Lower Saxony
- For journeys by bus and tram in the public transport providers and transport associations in Lower Saxony, Hamburg and Bremen
- From 09:00 a.m. to 03:00 a.m. of the following day as well as on weekends and public holidays the whole day long
- For up to three children aged between 6 and 14 years, if up to five paying passengers bought a Lower Saxony ticket
- Instead of a person for a dog
The Lower Saxony ticket is not valid:
- In long-distance trains (IC, EC and ICE, except IC/EC between Bremen Hbf and Norddeich Mole/Emden Außenhafen
- For the 1st class