- For one (A, B or C), two (AB or BC) or three zones (ABC)
Monthly pass subscription
By acquiring a subscription of the Monthly pass you save round about 15 % compared to the price of twelve single Monthly passes. If you pay the entire amount for your annual pass at once, you will receive a further discount of 2 %. The total charge is simply debited to your account. You can choose between a freely transferable or a non-transferable personal pass. Holders of an honorary office card valid in Lower Saxony who live within the Hanover Region can purchase the Monthly pass volunteer for 30,40 euros per month.
Price overview with price levels
- Price levels
- For as many journeys you like in the buses, trams and trains within the GVH tariff area
- From the 1st day of the month on
- For at least twelve months
- Personal Monthly pass subscription: only for the legal owner
- Transferable Monthly pass subscription: for another person than the holder
- Also for one co-travelling adult and up to three children under the age of 18 at the weekends and public holidays the whole day long and from Monday to Friday from 07:00 p.m. until 05:00 a.m. of the following day
- Traveller class
- For the 2nd class
You can get the order form:
As download on this site
In the DB Travel Centres
Summary of tariff zones:
The zones A, B and C cover the entire tariff area for all passengers – regardless of whether they use Single tickets, Day tickets or Monthly passes.
- Zone Acovers the city area
- Zone Bcovers adjacent towns and municipalitiesCities Isernhagen, Garbsen, Seelze, Ronnenberg, Hemmingen
- Zone Ccovers more remote rural areas of the Hannover regionCities Leehrte, Uetze, Großburgwedel, Mellendorf
Each tariff zone has its own colour, which is used always in connection with the corresponding zone designation.
The order form for your subscription can be filled out on your computer. Please print it afterwards, sign it and send it to us by mail, post or visit us at our GVH Customer Centre or the GVH Service Centres.
You can extend the Monthly pass subscription
- If you want to travel within more zones your pass actually allows to, you merely need a Single- or a 6 trip Single ticket for one zone (A, B or C). Here it is not important how many zones you cross. Example: your Monthly pass subscription is valid for zone C but you want to get to the main station Hanover in zone A. Although you cross zone B and A, an extension with a Single- or a 6 trip Single ticket for one zone is enough.
- If you make several journeys in other zones on one day, you can in this case buy a Day ticket or 6 trip Day ticket for one zone (A, B or C).
- For short journeys in excess of the scope of validity of your Monthly pass subscription (three stations by tram, five stations by bus) all you need is an additional Short trip ticket.
- All other persons, you take with your Monthly pass subscription and who travel within more zones your pass is valid for, also need a ticket each for one zone (A, B or C). An extension is also possible with a Day ticket for groups up to 5 persons for one zone (A, B or C).
Good to know
- If you apply for a Monthly pass subscription no later than the 10th day of each month, you can use it in the following month already.
- Until then, you can purchase a Subscription start pass.
- The Monthly pass subscription is send to you directly.
- If you pay the entire amount for your Monthly pass subscription at once in advance, you will receive a further discount of 2 % on the price.
- Detailed information and support you can get in our GVH Customer Centre in the Karmarschstraße 30/32, 30159 Hanover.
Subscription start pass
If you apply for a new subscription, it takes a few days until your request is processed and you get the desired pass. The Subscription start pass allows subscribers to bridge the time from application to the start of the subscription period: it is currently issued in the GVH Customer Centre. The Subscription start pass is valid from midnight of the first day of validity until 05:00 a.m. of the last day of validity. The price depends on how many days must be bridged until the subscription starts. For each day only 1/30 of the future monthly subscription price will be charged.