- For one (A, B or C), two (AB or BC) or three zones (ABC)
Monthly pass S (for authorised persons only)
If you are in possession of a Region S pass (Region-S-Karte), you can purchase the Monthly pass S and save about 40 % compared to a regular Monthly pass. You can freely choose the first day of validity. At the weekends and public holidays the whole day long and from Monday to Friday from 07:00 p.m. until 05:00 a.m. of the following day you can take one co-travelling adult and up to three children under the age of 18 (all travellers must also be in possession of a Region S pass).
Price overview with price levels
- Price levels
- For as many journeys you like in the buses, trams and trains within the GVH tariff area
- From the 1st chosen day of validity until 05:00 a.m. at the same day of the following month (example: from 17th May to 17th June 05:00 a.m.)
- For the holder only valid in connection with ownership of the Region S pass (Region-S-Karte)
- Also for one co-travelling adult and up to three children under the age of 18 (all travellers must also be in possession of a Region S pass (Region-S-Karte)) at the weekends and public holidays the whole day long and from Monday to Friday from 07:00 p.m. until 05:00 a.m. of the following day
- Traveller class
- For the 2nd class
PDF Downloads Social tariff
- Folder Social tariff (German language) (PDF – 880.35 KB)
- Folder Social tariff (Arabic language) (PDF – 376.77 KB)
- Optionally: Family certificate for the transport of more than three children (available in German language only) (PDF – 90.34 KB)
- Folder Social tariff (English language) (PDF – 883.19 KB)
- Folder Social tariff (Ukrainian language) (PDF – 899.06 KB)
You can get the ticket:
At the vending machines of ÜSTRA
In the buses of regiobus
At the vending machines of the railroad companies metronom, enno, WestfalenBahn, erixx, DB, start und Transdev
in the travel centres and video travel centres of Transdev
In the DB Travel Centres
Summary of tariff zones:
The zones A, B and C cover the entire tariff area for all passengers – regardless of whether they use Single tickets, Day tickets or Monthly passes.
- Zone Acovers the city area
- Zone Bcovers adjacent towns and municipalitiesCities Isernhagen, Garbsen, Seelze, Ronnenberg, Hemmingen
- Zone Ccovers more remote rural areas of the Hannover regionCities Leehrte, Uetze, Großburgwedel, Mellendorf
Each tariff zone has its own colour, which is used always in connection with the corresponding zone designation.
- The Monthly pass S is only valid in connection with the Region S pass (Region-S-Karte) and an official proof of identity.
- The Monthly pass S cannot be transferred. You have to enter your name on the back side.
- The Monthly pass S can be extended: If you want to cross more zones than your Monthly pass S is valid for, you just need an additional Day ticket S for one zone (A, B or C) and can travel within the GVH tariff area all day long.
- The Region S pass (Region-S-Karte) is send automatically to entitled persons once a year in November / December.
- If you are entitled to use the Region S pass (Region-S-Karte) and did not receive one or lost it please contact the social welfare office of your city or municipality or the responsible job centre.
- Holders of the Region S pass (Region-S-Karte) can enjoy the Zoo Hanover at an advantageous price: showing your pass you will receive a discount on the entry price.
Further information regarding the Region S pass (Region-S-Karte). (Available in German language only.)