- For three zones (ABC)
Have you reached the age of 60, are no longer working and want to stay mobile in the Hanover region at an affordable price? In this case the Senior pass is exactly what you need. You can get the Senior pass subscription if you have reached the age of 60, are no longer working and receive a retirement pension from a social insurance agency or a pension from a pension fund or if you are in a non-work phase of a pre-retirement part-time arrangement. Free customer card necessary (by subscription no customer card necessary).
Price overview with price levels
- Price levels
- For as many journeys you like in the buses, trams and trains within the entire GVH tariff area
- From the 1st chosen day of validity until 05:00 a.m. at the same day of the following month (example: from 17th May to 17th June 05:00 a.m.)
- For persons aged 60 and over who receive an old-age pension, a pension or a full disability pension, who are in the leisure phase of a partial retirement measure or who are in early retirement as civil servants
- For the holder only
- Free customer card necessary (no customer card required for Senior pass subscription)
- Also for one co-travelling adult and up to three children under the age of 18 at the weekends and public holidays the whole day long and from Monday to Friday from 07:00 p.m. until 05:00 a.m. of the following day
- Traveller class
- For the 2nd class
PDF Downloads Senior pass (writeable)
You can get the ticket:
At the vending machines of ÜSTRA
In the buses of regiobus
At the vending machines of the railroad companies metronom, enno, WestfalenBahn, erixx, DB, start und Transdev
in the travel centres and video travel centres of Transdev
In the DB Travel Centres
Summary of tariff zones:
The zones A, B and C cover the entire tariff area for all passengers – regardless of whether they use Single tickets, Day tickets or Monthly passes.
- Zone Acovers the city area
- Zone Bcovers adjacent towns and municipalitiesCities Isernhagen, Garbsen, Seelze, Ronnenberg, Hemmingen
- Zone Ccovers more remote rural areas of the Hannover regionCities Leehrte, Uetze, Großburgwedel, Mellendorf
Each tariff zone has its own colour, which is used always in connection with the corresponding zone designation.
Please note that the Senior pass is only valid in conjunction with a customer card.
For the Senior pass you need:
- A passport photo for the customer card
- A customer card which, once applied for, is valid indefinitely
- Prior to the issue of a customer card, you need to demonstrate your entitlement for the use of a Senior pass by the pension approval certificate or the certificate from the pension fund (you can black out all data that is not relevant for the proof, in particular the pension amount and its composition as well as bank details, if applicable)
- If you are 67 or older, it is sufficient to show your pension certificate
- If you are in a non-work phase of a pre-retirement part-time arrangement, you will need proof by your employer or your employer's employer